Logistics & Distribution Management Workshop
Managing and securing the movement of goods as well as essential control thereof from supplier to customer has become an ever increasing need within companies across the globe. Supply chain and logistics management are integral in contributing towards the profitability of any organisation. This Logistics and Distribution Management Workshop is designed to introduce participants to the field of logistics and distribution management. This training course links the logistics and transport aspect of operations with the wider strategic imperatives of supply chain management. The workshop is developed to provide delegates with an insight into the micro and macro-economic environment in which logistics companies function and will provide delegates with an understanding of general management and specific logistic management principles.
This workshop is appropriate for both beginnres and experienced individuals, but will greatly benefit:
- Supply Chain Managers,
- Logistics related staff,
- Operations managers,
- Distribution Managers,
- Warehouse & Inventory Managers,
- Demand Planning Managers,
- Dispatching and receiving functions,
- Clearing and Freight forwarding Managers
This training course will utilize a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The training course is highly class-work based and will reflect on delegate’s current role in the supply chain field. The Facilitator will guide and facilitate learning using a wide variety of methods including direct input, discussions, case studies and group work.
Upon completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Gain a broad knowledge of supply chain segmentation, air transport, maritime transport and outsourcing, there is detailed
- Discuss the latest trends and issues that confront logistics in details.
- Improve service and reduce cost, as well as recognize the many different facets of logistics and the supply chain.
- Understand various issues on logistics and distribution; planning and logistics; procurement and inventory decisions
- Explain the concepts of warehousing and storage, freight transport and operational management