Advanced Warehouse & Inventory Management
This course focus understanding on how to efficiently provide the inventory necessary for good customer service while minimizing the inventory resulting from poor Supply Chain Management. Supply Chain Management and logistics encompasses all the activities involved in getting products to consumers, including planning, storing, moving and accounting for inventory. Inventory availability is the most important aspect of customer service, and the cost of inventory is one of the most important entries on
a company’s balance sheet. Recognition of the balance sheet implications of inventory in Supply Chain Management has launched a variety of industry-wide inventory reduction initiatives. Despite all these initiatives to reduce inventory in the Supply Chain, inventory levels for most companies have remained the same or increased.
This workshop will benefit practitioners operating in the distribution, manufacturing, retail and services industries, specifically with the following job responsibilities:
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Management
- Dispatch & Receiving
- Inventory Management
- Transport Scheduling
- Recruitment and Placement
In order to gain a full understanding of these key areas, the facilitator will use lecture content, skill assessments, participative discussions, video presentations and delegate exercises in order to create high impact training. This workshop is designed to be dynamic and highly interactive as well as educational. The primary focus is to provide delegates with concepts and methods which they can put to immediate use in the workplace.
This course manual will enable practical application and skills that will ensure participants.
- To Gain the financial benefits that effective warehouse and inventory management can bring.
- To build staff skills in the management and performance of warehouse operations.
- Learn the principles of Warehouse and Inventory Management.
- To improve participants’ knowledge, allowing them to implement the acquired skills in their own facilities.
- To provide practical tools for participants to improve their level of performance.
- Conduct safe working practices and operations.
- Balancing cost and service requirements.